Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials
Improve your knowledge and skills and broaden your perspective in your role as a leader.
Monday – Friday, July 28 – August 1, 2014
in cooperation with the State of Oklahoma Office of Human Capital Management, Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma
The Governor’s Executive Development Program offers the following benefits:
- An educational experience designed to improve the way you think and make decisions
- An opportunity for you to exchange ideas and learn new skills in an interactive setting
- A pooling of resources from Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma to deliver a top-quality program
Who should attend?
The program is designed for cabinet secretaries, agency directors, and top-level senior executives within state government.
What will you learn?
Within the five core competencies, participants will be able to develop and enhance the following:
- Understand the scope of the executive
- Be able to develop and implement decisions and understand the potential impact of decision-making
- Understand organizational change and how it affects others
- Identify a sense of strengths and development areas in specific behaviors which can help you achieve goals
- Become aware of cultural and environmental changes that will affect the future of the agency
- Identify the keys to relationships, communication and interpersonal team building, and inter-organizational cooperation to implement programs effectively
Program participants are encouraged to stay at The Best Western PLUS Cimarron Hotel to take part in the evening networking. A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at The Cimarron Hotel in Stillwater ($83 per night plus tax for single occupancy.) Contact The Cimarron Hotel at 405-372-2878 and mention the “Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials” for the discounted rate. Room reservations must be made by Thursday, July 10, 2014. Parking is available in the Student Union parking garage at $10 per day. The registration fee does not include hotel rooms or parking. Shuttles will be provided free of charge on a daily basis as needed from the hotel to the ConocoPhillips Alumni Center.
The ConocoPhillips Alumni Center is located on the south side of the Oklahoma State University campus and provides excellent classroom and meeting space for the program sessions. Walking trails, golf courses, and tennis courts are available in the area.
- Raj Basu, Vice President for Academic Affairs, OSU-Tulsa, and Associate Professor of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Ryan Bisel, Associate Professor of Organizational Communication, Department of Communication, University of Oklahoma
- Matt Bowler, Associate Professor of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Ken Eastman, Interim Dean and Associate Professor of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Patrick Malone, Executive in Residence, Department of Public Administration and Policy, American University, Washington, D.C.
- L. Lee Manzer, Professor of Marketing, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Nim Razook, Professor of Legal Studies, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma
- Alexis Smith, Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Tracy Suter, Associate Professor Department of Marketing, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Craig Watters, Thoma Family Distinguished Clinical Professor in Entrepreneurship and Interim Director of the RIATA Center, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University