Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials
Check back for more information on the
Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials on July 17-21, 2017.
Due to state budget considerations, the next offering of the Governor’s Executive Development Program will be held July 17-21, 2017.
July 17-21, 2017
in cooperation with the State of Oklahoma Office of Human Capital Management, Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma
Leaders from all public agencies are under increased pressure to produce results. With limited resources and flexibility, how can public executives achieve such improvements?
You are invited to attend The Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials, uniquely designed for top executives in Oklahoma State Government. The program is a collaboration of the State of Oklahoma Office of Human Capital Management, Oklahoma State University, and the University of Oklahoma. This extensive four-and-a-half-day residence program is designed around five Executive Leadership Competencies: Business Acumen, Leading Change, Leading People, Results Driven, and Building Coalitions/Communication.
The Governor’s Executive Development Program offers the following benefits:
- An educational experience designed to improve the way you think and make decisions
- An opportunity for you to exchange ideas and learn new skills in an interactive setting
- A pooling of resources from Oklahoma
- State University and the University of Oklahoma to deliver a top-quality program
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The program is designed for cabinet secretaries, agency directors, and top-level executives within state government.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Within the five core competencies, participants will be able to develop and enhance the following:
- Understand the scope of the executive
- Be able to develop and implement decisions and understand the potential impact of decision-making
- Understand organizational change and how it affects others
- Identify a sense of strengths and development areas in specific behaviors which can help you achieve goals
- Become aware of cultural and environmental changes that will affect the future of the agency
- Identify the keys to relationships, communication and interpersonal team building, and inter-organizational cooperation to implement programs effectively
There is an early bird discount for registrations received by June 3, 2015. All registrations must be received by July 1, 2015. Enrollment confirmations will be sent to participants.
DATE AND FEES
Date: July 25–29, 2015
- Early Bird Registration received by June 3, 2015
$2,700 per person, which includes instruction, refreshments, two lunches, an opening night reception and all electronic program materials.
- Registrations received between June 4 and July 1, 2015
$2,950 per person, which includes instruction, refreshments, two lunches, an opening night reception and all electronic program materials.
The program fee includes the materials in electronic format. If you would prefer a hard copy of conference materials in a binder, there is a $50 additional fee.
All cancellations must be received in writing from the sponsoring organization. A full refund will be made for cancellations received by June 8, 2015. Cancellations received after that date may be charged fees based on expenses already paid in the participant’s behalf. Substitutions may be made until July 1, 2015.
Program participants are encouraged to stay at The Best Western PLUS Cimarron Hotel to take part in the evening networking. A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at The Cimarron Hotel in Stillwater ($83 per night plus tax for single occupancy.) Contact The Cimarron Hotel at 405-372-2878 and mention the “Governor’s Executive Development Program for State Officials” for the discounted rate. Room reservations must be made by Monday, June 22, 2015. Parking is available in the Student Union parking garage at $10 per day. The registration fee does not include hotel rooms or parking. Shuttles will be provided free of charge on a daily basis as needed from the hotel to the ConocoPhillips Alumni Center.
The ConocoPhillips Alumni Center is located on the south side of the Oklahoma State University campus and provides excellent classroom and meeting space for the program sessions. Walking trails, golf courses, and tennis courts are available in the area.
- Jari Askins, Special Advisor to the Governor, Pinnacle Plan, Child Welfare Services, Oklahoma DHS, and Former Lieutenant Governor of Oklahoma
- Raj Basu, Vice President for Academic Affairs, OSU-Tulsa, and Associate Professor of Management,Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Ryan Bisel, Associate Professor of Organizational Communication, Department of Communication, University of Oklahoma
- Matt Bowler, Associate Professor and Don R. Brattain Professor, Department of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Ken Eastman, Dean, Norman & Suzanne Myers Endowed Chair For Excellence in Business Administration, and Richard W. Poole Professorship for Excellence, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Patrick Malone, Executive in Residence, Department of Public Administration and Policy, American University, Washington, D.C.
- L. Lee Manzer, Professor of Marketing, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Mac McCrory, Adjunct Instructor of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Nim Razook, Professor of Legal Studies, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma
- Alexis Smith, Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Tracy Suter, Associate Professor and Jordan Chair in Entrepreneurship, School of Entrepreneurship, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
For more information
For more information, contact the Center for Executive and Professional Development
Toll Free 1-866-678-3933 | Phone 405-744-5208 | Email email@example.com