SAS Analytics Day
By invitation only | Friday, April 29, 2016 Enroll Now
Oklahoma State University
ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center
Program sponsored by SAS and the OSU Department of Marketing
Since 2004 OSU has partnered with SAS, a leading provider of business analytics software, to offer very successful analytics and data mining programs. A primary goal of this conference is to link OSU’s MS in Business Analytics’ students with members of the local and regional business community. SAS Analytics Day will introduce our MS in Business Analytics programs to businesses and allow students and businesses to grow their professional network.
Benefits of Attending This Conference
- Learn about OSU’s MS in Business Analytics as well as certificate programs in data mining and marketing analytics via on-campus and online options
- Explore hiring of OSU’s analytics students as full-time employees, summer interns, or as a co-op for a full semester
- Speak with representatives from SAS about how companies are leveraging SAS analytics tools to create value
- View OSU’s analytics students’ research projects poster presentations and engage with them
- Explore possibilities of collaborative projects between OSU’s analytics students and local businesses
OSU’s Analytics program is ranked in the top 15 schools as the Best Value Big Data Analytics Graduate Programs of 2016
Please see Program Schedule for details.
- An Overview of M.S. in Business Analytics, Dr. Goutam Chakraborty
- Strategy Optimization—The Science and Art of Balancing Customer Satisfaction and ROI, Eric Nyabiosi, Executive Director, Data Science, Comcast, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Customers for Life, Keynote Speaker: Fritz Lehman, Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Officer, SAS Institute, Cary, North Carolina
- TBA, Ray Boyle, Vice President, Customer Analytics, Global Customer Insight and Analytics Organization, Walmart, Bentonville, Arkansas
- West Corp Big Data Journey, Dmitriy Khots, Vice President, West Corp Center for Data Science, Omaha, Nebraska
- A View from the Trenches: What to Expect as an Analytics Professional, Panel Discussion with OSU Graduates
DAVID AHUJA is the senior director of enterprise information management at Walmart Technology and is responsible for the integration of analytics in Walmart’s core work processes. David leads a team of data scientists who are focused on developing advanced analytic models for Walmart’s supply chain, merchandising and real estate operations. He is also responsible for enterprise analytic data and the retail link platform that enables supplier partners to get access to Walmart’s data.
RAY BOYLE is the vice president, customer analytics for Walmart’s global customer insight and analytics organization. His career spans over 25 years as a customer strategy, research and applied analytics professional with both domestic and global responsibilities. Ray has spent his career developing teams and capabilities to help retail and consumer decision makers develop game–changing shopper strategies and optimization capabilities. Prior to joining Walmart, Ray was the EVP responsible for IRI’s shopper analytics organization and the vice president responsible for Fair Isaac’s global retail and CBG practices. Ray earned his MBA from the University of Notre Dame and holds a BA from Michigan State University.
DR. GOUTAM CHAKRABORTY is the Ralph A. and Peggy A. Brenneman Professor of Marketing, Director of M.S. in Business Analytics, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University. He has held managerial positions with a subsidiary of Union Carbide, USA, and with a subsidiary of British American Tobacco, UK. Dr. Chakraborty has presented numerous programs and workshops to executives, educators, and research professionals in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia and Middle East. He has published in many scholarly journals such as the Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Advertising, Journal of Business Research, and Industrial Marketing Management. He coauthored books Text Mining and Analysis: Practical Methods, Examples, and Case Studies Using SAS® and Contemporary Database Marketing: Concepts and Applications. He has chaired several national conferences including the Direct Marketing Educator’s Conference and the M2007 Data Mining Conference. He earned his B. Tech (Honors) in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, PGCGM from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, M.S. in Statistics and a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Iowa.
RAMCHARAN KAKARLA is a senior data scientist in enterprise business intelligence at Comcast. Before this he was a senior analyst for Comcast and a performance test engineer at Tata Consultancy Services. Ramcharan received his bachelor’s in electrical engineering from SASTRA University, India and also graduated from the OSU Data Mining program. He was a SAS student global ambassador in 2015.
FRITZ LEHMAN leads SAS’ Global Professional Services and Delivery, Technical Support, Education and Publications divisions, as well as the U.S. Customer Loyalty team. He is focused on ensuring customers are connected to the support and service they need at SAS, acting as a customer advocate across the company worldwide. A SAS veteran of more than 30 years, Lehman has always been customer-focused in his career, whether he was working in tech support, consulting, or research and design. He extends his passion for providing service to others through philanthropic work with organizations such as the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina and Dress for Success.
ZABIULLA MOHAMMED is a manager II for customer insights and analytics at Walmart Stores Inc. He is involved in projects that leverage deep analytics to understand customer behavior and purchase trends in the retail industry. He holds SAS statistical business analyst, predictive modeler, base and advanced programmer for SAS 9 credentials. Zabiulla has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering and has presented various papers at conferences including SAS Global Forum 2015, JMP Discovery Summit 2014 and SAS Analytics Conference 2014. He received his masters’ degree in MIS with a focus on SAS and OSU Data Mining Certificate from Oklahoma State University.
BALAMURUGAN MOHAN is a statistician in the corporate analytics team for H&R Block. He is involved in various phases of statistical model development, evaluation, and deployment of models. Balamurugan provides analytical support for the digital – online side of the business to solve strategy problems. His areas of focus are segmenting and profiling of clients, product strategy based model development, and paid search optimization. Balamurugan has a master’s degree in MIS from Oklahoma State University.
ERIC NYABIOSI is Comcast’s executive director for data science. He drives the data science’s analytic customers strategy that helps overcome complex business challenges and helps define opportunities for improving customer experience and growth. Prior to joining Comcast, Eric was a SVP at Citibank where he led the specialized analytics team responsible for building powerful data analysis and predictive applications. Previously, he held leadership roles in the analytics field with Toyota, JPMorgan Chase and other fortune 500 companies. He has a graduate economics and statistic degrees from Columbia University and the University of Delaware.
VANDANA REDDY is a marketing modeling analyst in the insights-advanced analytics team for American Automobile Association (AAA). She performs complex analysis of member and customer behavior including acquisition, retention, contact strategy, and cross selling using SAS and builds statistical models to provide insights to the marketing and business units. Vandana has several publications in SAS conferences and won the 2014 SAS Global Forum student scholarship award. She has a master’s degree in MIS from Oklahoma State University and a bachelor’s degree in biotechnology from JNTU India. She is a marketing analytics and data mining alum advisory board member and mentors students as part of the spring 2016 business analytics mentoring program.
SUMIT SUKHWANI is a senior data mining analyst at West Corporation. He is involved in analyzing caller behavior in the automated phone system including repeat caller analysis, call duration analysis and call transfer analysis for a large segment of West Corporation clients. Sumit has been involved in all the phases of data mining, starting from business understanding to final deployment, and has experience in multi-channel data analysis, champion challengers, data management, customer profiling and IVR data visualization. He has a master’s degree in MIS from Oklahoma State University. Sumit was an “Honorable SAS Student Ambassador” at the 2012 SAS Global Forum.
- Location: ConocoPhillips Alumni Center (Map) at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Price: By invitation only. There is no fee to attend the conference. Enroll Now.
- Cancellations: To aid us in guarantee requirements for catering, please contact the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development at 866.678.3933, if you need to cancel prior to the program.
- Hotel: Contact Best Western Plus Cimarron Hotel & Suites (405-372-2878) before April 15 and mention SAS Analytics to receive the conference rate of $109.
- Accommodations: Please let us know if you have any special dietary needs.