Strategic Business Management Via Business Simulation
Check back for more information on upcoming sessions.
Wednesday, February 13 – Friday, February 15, 2013
8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Benefits of attending the simulation
This intensive hands-on experience is designed to teach you how to manage a company in a fast-paced market where customers are demanding and competitors are working hard to take away your business. This exercise will help you in strategic planning and understanding the broad picture. You earn 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of this seminar.
- Crystallize the financial implications of business decisions by linking them to cash flows and bottom line performance
- Promote better decision making by helping you see how your decisions can affect the performance of others and the organization as a whole
- Enhance the competitiveness of the organization and the drive to excel in the market
Objectives of the program
- Appreciate the big picture: you will deal with business fundamentals and the interplay between marketing, operations, finance, accounting, and team management
- Instill financial accountability: you will see and feel the financial implications of your business decisions
- Manage cross-functional teamwork: you will join a team which will help you cut across functions and organizations
- Focus on customer needs: you will satisfy customers in an environment where the competition is continually trying to do a better job
- Utilize the Balanced Scorecard as the measure of performance: you will simultaneously consider a host of key performance indicators instead of focusing on one thing only
- Stimulates the competitive spirit and performance: the virtual business environment stimulates the competitive spirit and drives learning
- Experience hands-on learning: you will repeatedly analyze your performance, revise your strategy, internalize business concepts, and expand your way of thinking
Dr. Chakraborty has consulted extensively on issues related to developing digital business strategy, building and managing customer relationships, product development, and management and creation of e-business models with companies including Aetna, Berendsen Fluid Power, Globe Life Insurance, Hilti, Mercruiser, Thrifty Car Rental, and Vanguard Realtors.
Dr. Chakraborty received his Ph.D. in marketing from the University of Iowa.
What participants are saying about Dr. Chakraborty:
“Very passionate instructor. Enjoyed his energy and dedication.”
“Great exercise—very enjoyable and great practical learning. Dr. C was a pleasure. Wonderful style and personality to lead simulation.”
“What can I say but WOW! This was absolutely AWESOME! I thoroughly enjoyed Professor Chakraborty.”
What participants are saying about the course:
“Very good exercise in reality. Many on the team had never thought about all the variables and relationships required to do business with success.”
“The decisions you make affect many aspects of your business. (This) demonstrated how to make good decisions under pressure. (The) whole is bigger than the sum of the parts.”
“I learned how you must rely on the strengths of others. You have to learn how to make good decisions, especially when time is constrained. You also have to ensure each part of the business is healthy!”
“This is a great addition to the class: I can see why it is so popular It’s engaging, fun, informative, and a great team-building activity.”
$1,575 per person
Includes instruction, materials, computer access, and meals— continental breakfast, refreshments, and lunch.