Business Engagement Series for Thought Leaders – Oklahoma City
May – July 2016 Enroll in All Courses
This series focuses on engaged and thought provoking topics to advance leaders in decision making, company performance, efficiency and effective management.
View Dr. Urich speaks about his program: The Power of Influence
Benefits to the participant
Participants will learn
- how to align interests with the goals of the company,
- use data to aid decision making and improve company performance,
- Increase productivity and
- manage effectively in various environments
Benefits to the organization
Participants will discuss how to improve
- performance of employees who treat the business as their own
- company knowledge by using data to make better decisions
- organizational effectiveness with more efficient processes and project management; and
- Improved employee engagement and performance in virtual settings
Andy Urich, J.D., is an interesting and enthusiastic communicator who helps people get what they want. He is an Associate Professor of Management and Director of Student Development, Eastin Center for Talent Development in the Spears School Business at Oklahoma State University. In addition, he served as a member of the Executive MBA faculty of Zayed University in Abu Dhabi and Dubai (United Arab Emirates) from 2004 until 2012. Prior to joining the faculty of the Spears School of Business, Professor Urich received a law degree from Western Reserve University, completed post-doctoral studies at the London Institute of Comparative Law, and practiced law with a major corporate law firm. Professor Urich is a lecturer, researcher, and consultant in the areas of negotiation, consumer protection, and commercial law and is a recipient of the Greiner Outstanding Teacher Award, the University Outreach Faculty Excellence Award, the 1999 Regents Distinguished Teaching Award, the Region V University Continuing Education Association (UCEA) 2005 Excellence in Teaching Award, and the 2007 Richard W. Poole Faculty Outreach Excellence Award. Professor Urich is an effective and entertaining communicator with both practical and academic experience.
Kenneth Eastman, Ph.D., is Dean of the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University, Norman & Suzanne Myers Endowed Chair for Excellence in Business Administration, and Richard W. Poole Professorship for Excellence. His research interests are mainly in the areas of leadership and organizational politics. He has published articles in such journals as Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, and Journal of Applied Social Psychology. He has received the Chandler-Frates & Reitz (1994), Greiner (1995), Regents Distinguished Teaching (1995), University Outreach Faculty Excellence, the Richard W. Poole Faculty Outreach Excellence (2009), the OSU Faculty Outreach Excellence (2009), and the UCEA Great Plains Region Excellence in Teaching (2009) Awards. He has presented many seminars, workshops, and lectures in the areas of executive leadership and organizational politics.
Lee Manzer, Ph.D., is a Professor of Marketing at Oklahoma State University. He has several years of practical experience as a chemist, sales representative, and marketing research assistant for Dow Chemical Company. Dr. Manzer is a nationally-recognized expert on service implementation. In addition, he has presented hundreds of seminars on topics such as attitude change, accountability, and creating a service culture, for a variety of national organizations and associations, including energy and petrochemical companies, manufacturing firms, financial institutions, and public service agencies. Specific companies Dr. Manzer has presented to include Arvest Bank Group, Chesapeake Energy, ConocoPhillips, Ditch Witch, Farm Credit Bank, Halliburton, Koch Industries, Phillips 66, and Williams. He has also presented to many non-profit organizations including the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and Indian Health Service. He has made presentations to over 100,000 business professionals.
Goutam Chakraborty, Ph.D., is the Ralph A. and Peggy A. Brenneman Professor in the Department of Marketing in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. He has consulted extensively on issues related to developing digital business strategy, building and managing customer relationships, product development, and management and creation of e-business models.
This series is designed for supervisors, mid to upper-level managers, executives and owners
- Program format – series of four sessions.
- CPE credits/CEU credits available
- Location – OSU-OKC, 900 N Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73107 , Room 304
- Price – $1,200 entire BEST series or $450 per seminar
- Cancellation Policy – If a participant would like to cancel her/his registration less than 10 days prior to the conference, you are welcome to send a substitute. All guarantees have been submitted to the hotel, so refunds are not attainable. A refund is available given notification no later than 11 days prior to the conference. If you are transferring your registration to a colleague, please contact the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development at 1-866-678-3933 or email@example.com.